Whilst we cannot avoid anger provoking situations, we change the way we respond to them. Anger management is one of the most common issues I treat at my clinic.
What is Anger Management
Anger Management will help you understand the cause of exaggerated and unnecessary anger, and give you the tools you need to change the way you deal with frustration or stress. You will learn not to react to situations – but to respond in a way or your choosing.
I will work with you to manage anger, avoid confrontation and prevent the harmful results of uncontrolled anger to yourself and other.
Who is Anger Management for
Anyone who finds anger or stress a problem in their lives, adults, adolescents and parents. If you find yourself reacting to situations with high levels of annoyance, intolerance, anger or abuse – this is for you.
Signs of anger issues:
- Constant irritability
- Uncontrolled outbursts
- Internal anger, not expressed
- Persistent bad temper
- Acts of violence or rage
- Verbal attacks, including anger against yourself
What causes Anger problems
- High levels of anxiety
- Feeling out of control
- Disappointment in ones-self or others
- Insecurity or self-doubt
- Being over-emotional
- Unrealistic expectations about yourself and others
- Lack of coping skills
How Anger Management works
- Understand the root causes of your anger
- Identify the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that create aggression
- Recognise anger and frustration triggers
- Create coping-strategies to manage dangerous situations
- Improve your communication skills and self-expression
- Learn to be assertive rather than aggressive
Benefits of Anger Management
- Healthier relationships, free of damaging anger
- Improved self esteem and confidence
- Ability to express yourself without being aggressive
- Create lasting and loving relationships free of aggression
- Express your emotions confidently
- Create clear goals and objectives
- Increased happiness in your life
What therapy is used for Anger Management
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
CBT is a proven and effective therapy that brings clear, significant and lasting results. CBT is now the primary therapy used in the NHS.
CBT puts you to be in control of your own recovery. You will learn to become your own therapist.
It is not events that cause problems, but the way we view ourselves and the world. You will learn to avoid emotional distress by changing these errors in thinking.
By adjusting your thinking to a more reasonable and calm view – you will avoid misconceptions, faulty analyses, self-deception and blind spots.
Hypnosis is also a powerful tool that helps you automatically use the new Coping Strategies you have learned, and respond to difficult situations in a new and more positive way.
You will re-learn the art of relaxation, giving you the ability to take a step back in situations of high anxiety. This helps you remain calm in times of stress.
Anger management for children
Many parents seek help and support in dealing with aggressive and difficult to manage adolescents.
I provide support and practical help for parents facing difficult times – teaching anger management techniques to use in their family. This brings anger under control and gives parents the ability to control situations, maintain authority and avoid conflict.